Technical Advisor on Early Childhood Development and Social Welfare Financing
The DG Murray Trust and National Treasury are looking to employ an individual with a keen interest in early childhood development and social welfare financing. The person must have a good understanding of social development and be able to approach it from an economic perspective and present both ECD and social welfare services as worthwhile economic investments. The individual will be based at National Treasury and provide strategic analysis to advise on the expansion and financing of a comprehensive package of ECD, child protection and other priority social welfare services.
Education, Language and Qualifications:
- Degree or Postgraduate Degree in economics, social science, finance
- Ability to communicate fluently in English, both written and spoken
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Substantial mid to senior level experience, with at least 5 years of combined public and private and non-profit sector experience being preferable
- Understanding of government financing and ECD/social welfare systems preferable
- Understanding of government policy and legislation i.e. PFMA, Treasury Regulations, Division of Revenue Act, NPO Act
- Proven research, presentation and report writing ability
- Proven ability to persuade and motivate through effective communication.
- Critical thinker and problem solver
- Uses effective strategies to facilitate organisation change initiatives and overcome resistance to change by involving others, listening and building commitment.
- Ability to navigate through government process and engage with all levels of government
- Understanding of both ECD/social welfare and government systems
- Ability to work with large quantities of content and synthesise these into information briefs.
- Proficiency in PowerPoint, Excel and Word
This is a full-time position and a one-year fixed term contract renewable for a further year. It is based at National Treasury in Pretoria/Cape Town.
Interested candidates should send a short letter of motivation, CV, and the names and contact details of three references by email to email@example.com. Add Technical Advisor in the subject line of the email. Closing date for applications is 25 June 2018.