Antenatal and baby classes
A national franchise is about to be launched, supported by a group of funders committed to helping babies and young children grow to their full potential. The first 1000 days of life (from conception to a child’s second birthday) play a vital role in shaping a child’s future. Children who receive enough love, food and stimulation during this period of life tend to thrive, do better at school and get better jobs as a result. But often parents don’t get enough support and information when they’re pregnant or when the baby is very young. We hope to fill this gap through an exciting new social franchise of antenatal and baby classes.
A franchise is an opportunity that allows the franchisee (possibly you) to start your own branch of an initiative by using someone else’s (the franchisor’s) expertise, ideas, systems, information, processes, training and support.
This franchise has not officially launched – and its name is still under wraps, but we’d like to test it with some sparky people who want to be in on the action right from the beginning. This is not a job that will pay a salary, but an entrepreneurial opportunitythat will enable you to supplement your current income through the franchise’s low-fee structure.
In 2018, we aim to pilot the antenatal component of the classes in 18 communities: Mamelodi, Laudium, Kwa-Thema, Tsakane, Vosloorus, Katlehong, Alexandra, Yeoville, Clayville, Atteridgeville, Worcester, Nkomazi, Mdantsane, Mqanduli, Soweto, Thembisa, Diepsloot & Mopane.
What it will entail:
As a franchisee you will have to host a minimum of 2 classes per week with 2 groups of 10 moms.
What skills and qualities you will need:
- Being a social & community activist with a passion for women & children.
- Having strong interpersonal skills, and being non-judgmental and relatable.
- Being innovative & entrepreneurial.
- Ideally living & working in 1 of the 18 communities.
- Being able to speak at least 1 local language.
- Being able to read & write English.
- Having computer skills (Word, Excel, internet browsing, email, social media).
- Having basic administrative skills (filing, photocopying/printing, administering forms).
If you are interested in this opportunity, send us an email and tell us more about yourself, your qualifications & experience, and why you would make a great franchisee.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with ZS Franchisee in the subject line.
Closing date for applications: 7 May 2018.