Employment opportunity: Training and Logistics Coordination Intern
The DG Murray Trust (DGMT) is a strategic investor into social projects and a public benefit innovator. Our goal for South Africa is a flourishing people, economy and society in which every person has the opportunity to fulfil their potential.
Towards this goal, the strategic aims for 2017 – 2021 are:
- To nurture an innovative and inclusive society;
- To keep all children on track by Grade 4; and
- To enable all young people to get their first decent job.
These aims are underpinned by 10 opportunities. A significant approach to advancing these opportunities has been to develop, or support programmes, that build human agency through fellowship programmes and network mobilisation.
We are looking to employ a Training and Logistics Coordination Intern who will work across two agency-building programmes:
The DGMT Fellowship for Organisational Innovation is a one-year fellowship programme for young leaders of civil society organisations in South Africa. The Fellowship programme aims to develop innovative thinking and practices of Fellows and support them in implementing lessons in their own organisations. Through the fellowship journey, DGMT seeks to build a network of individuals and organisations that are interested in public innovation, and in so doing, spark the network effect where our efforts are greatly amplified.
Youth Capital aims to become a dynamic campaign driving solutions for youth employment by fusing young people’s perspectives and evidence-based data into a powerful agenda of action. Currently incubated by the DG Murray Trust, Youth Capital is piloting its Influencer Programme in 2020. Through the Youth Capital Influencer Network, young South Africans will be connected to each other and together will find new, community-based solutions to tackling the high levels of youth unemployment in South Africa.
- Coordinate logistics for event-related activities that include booking of travel, securing venues etc.
- Assist with technical set-up for online events and meetings.
- Liaise with service providers.
- Manage communications with participants in a professional and clear manner.
- Ensure timeous communications.
- Draft and manage schedules for events.
- Provide support with all event preparations.
- Conduct research on event-related topics, locations etc.
- Manage administrative tasks.
- Track payments and invoices.
Key Competencies and Attributes:
- Matric qualification.
- Interest in events management and/or training and development as a career path.
- Interest in social development and leadership development topics.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency in completing tasks.
- Ability to take initiative and use judgement.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a dynamic environment across multiple teams.
- Reliable and punctual.
- Possession of a driver’s license is advantageous.
This is a fixed-term position, based in Cape Town. The position may require domestic travel across South Africa.
Please send a cover letter and CV with the details of at least 2 contactable references to email@example.com by Monday 21 September 2020.
Please use the subject line Training and Logistics Coordination Intern 2020 when submitting applications. Please do not send any other documents.