Employment opportunity: Receptionist & Office Administrator
We are looking for a Receptionist and Office Administrator to manage our front desk on a daily basis. This person will also be required to execute a variety of administrative and clerical tasks to the highest quality standards.
- Greet and welcome guests as soon as they arrive at the office.
- Answer, screen and forward incoming phone calls.
- Maintain the telephone system and staff contacts list.
- Provide basic and accurate information in-person and via phone/email to internal and external parties.
- Record, sort and distribute incoming mail/deliveries.
- Record outgoing mail and arrange for outgoing courier as requested.
- Ensure reception area is tidy and presentable, with all necessary stationery and material (e.g. pens, forms and brochures).
- Assist the Office Manager with the day-to-day running of the office, including maintaining various administrative schedules and the requisition of office supplies (stationery, kitchen and cleaning supplies, etc.).
- Supervise and assist the housekeeping team on the day-to-day activities.
- Maintain the booking schedule for meeting rooms and ensure that meeting prep (tea/coffee/telecons/catering/parking etc.) is done.
- Perform other clerical receptionist duties such as filing, photocopying and binding.
- Maintain office security by following safety procedures and controlling access via the reception desk.
- Assist with travel, events and meeting logistics as requested.
- Proven work experience (3-5 years) as a Receptionist, Front Office Representative or similar role
- Experience with administrative procedures
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, and Excel)
- Knowledge of, and hands-on experience with office equipment (e.g. printers, shredder & binders)
- Professional attitude and appearance
- Reliable and Responsible
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Resourceful and proactive when issues arise
- Ability to work within a team
- Excellent organisational skills and discretion
- Multitasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritise tasks
- Customer service attitude
- Minimum Matric certificate or equivalent; additional certification in Office Management is a plus
Please send a cover letter, CV and application form to email@example.com by Wednesday 19 February 2020. The application form can be downloaded as a Word document here and as a PDF here. Do not send any other documents, please.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.