Employment opportunity: Project Manager: Zero-rating
The DG Murray Trust (DGMT) is a strategic investor committed to developing South Africa’s potential.
We see our role as to:
Commission projects that can seize the opportunities for success; communicate those opportunities in ways that inspire leadership and action; and connect people of like and unlike mind, who are committed to the same goal.
In this way, we hope to be a national node of innovation – informative, substantive, engaging, inspiring and transforming.
One of the strategic goals of DGMT is to nurture an innovative and inclusive society. A major hurdle to social innovation is the high cost of mobile data. Zero-rating specific mobile services would reduce the cost of social innovation and diversify the range of information sources available.
DGMT is looking to appoint a one-year fixed-term contract Project Manager to work on a newly established zero-rating project as well as to identify other technology-related opportunities for NGOs.
The Project Manager will:
- Implement a digital application, approval and management process for zero-rating
- Work with Public Benefit Organisations (PBOs) to submit applications for zero-rating (including an audit of websites and apps)
- Develop technical briefs for PBOs to achieve compliance and/or make minor modifications
- Liaise with MNOs to clarify, refine and improve technical guidelines
- Support the Innovation Director in technical discussions with stakeholders
- Identify other opportunities for DGMT partners to use technology for greater impact
- Good understanding of mobile network technologies and security practices
- Familiarity with network diagnostic tools
- BSc in Computer Science or relevant field
- Team player
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ work experience
Please submit a cover letter and your CV (including references) to email@example.com with the subject “Employment opportunity: Project Manager: Zero-rating/SM” by latest Tuesday, 22 January 2019.
For more details on zero-rating click here.