Application Deadline: 20 September 2021
DGMT seeks to appoint a transport and logistics specialist as a Passenger Vaccination Transport Programme Manager. This is a fixed-term contract for six months.
The incumbent will manage the national programme to support provinces in providing citizens with transport to vaccinations sites. Using their transport planning experience, they will help develop and execute national and provincial passenger transport strategies to selected vaccination sites. These plans will entail optimizing the mix of transport modalities, identifying routes and schedules, and establishing agreements with transport operators.
The role requires strong partnership and stakeholder management across district, provincial and national representatives from the Department of Transport, the Department of Health, transport provider associations, and donors.
The Passenger Vaccination Transport Programme Manager will be responsible for the following duties:
- Support development of the Passenger Vaccination Transport national strategy and cascade to the provincial level OR specific provincial plans
- Support development of demand generation/marketing strategies for the transport programme
- Support development of monitoring and evaluation plans to ensure quality and performance expectations are met
- Lead planning in coordination with national, provincial and district Department of Health and Department of Transport to ensure that transport programmes are implemented in areas of demonstrated need (vaccination access gap)
- Facilitate engagements between district/province DoH and DoT, transport providers, and other partners
- Develop programme management plan and implementation toolkits
- Liaise with donors to ensure performance expectations are met
- Bachelor’s degree in Logistics and/or Transport Management, or equivalent
- 5-10 years experience in a Transport Management role, specifically for passenger transport
- Proven experience in a leadership role developing transport programme strategies and objectives
- Experience running programmes with or for the Department of Transport
- Knowledge of Logistics/Transport optimisation and planning software like PLATO, Trackmatic, Matrix
- Experience working with and coordinating across multiple contractors
- Knowledge of transportation industry legislation and compliance issues, particularly with regard to health and safety for transportation of people, including knowledge of the relevant Acts and Regulations.
- Track record of ensuring operations meet appropriate performance and safety standards
Please email your application (Cover Letter and CV ONLY) to email@example.com by Monday 20th September 2021.