Employment opportunity: Content & Communication Manager – Youth Capital
South Africa is currently wasting the potential of a generation of young people. It’s time to shift gears.
Youth Capital aims to become a dynamic campaign driving solutions for youth employment through fusing young people’s perspectives and evidence-based data into a powerful agenda of action. While the campaign is grounded in an engaged young constituency, it must land with a diverse set of stakeholders to gain traction.
Currently incubated by the DG Murray Trust (www.dgmt.co.za), Youth Capital is looking for a dynamic individual to join the team as a Content and Communication Manager to be based in Claremont, Cape Town.
Our ideal candidate must be able to conceptualise and execute a clear communications strategy driving both organisational and campaign objectives through diverse platforms such as digital, print, and audio-visual media. Given the nature of the work, they must be comfortable working with technical information, and have the skill to transform it into accessible and interesting products for a variety of channels and audiences.
If you seek to contribute to solving youth unemployment, are able to create and execute clear and innovative communication strategies, and have a passion for creating insightful content that drives action – then we need you!
Key responsibilities will include:
- Designing and managing the overall communications strategy for Youth Capital;
- Working with the Project Lead and Engagement Manager to develop products, including:
- Workshop training manuals, concept notes, policy and legislative commentary, and newsletters;
- Creating content for public and social media channels, including:
- Op-eds, blog posts and articles;
- Tweets, Facebook posts, Instagram posts;
- Supporting the development of workshop facilitation materials for engagements with young people;
- Develop an annual publication focused on youth employment in South Africa.
To apply please send the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12 November with the subject line: Content & Communication Manager – Youth Capital/SM
- A letter of motivation;
- An up-to-date CV; and
- A writing sample (no more than 1 page) from an article, post, opinion piece, report, or publication authored by you.